Friday 20 January 2012

FO Friday

Both things I have to show today are gifts!  Not one stitch of selfish knitting has been done for over 2 weeks now!
Courtyard 
Knit in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Bamble Heather and Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Avocado (the most amazing shade of green I've ever seen!), this was a really fun hat to knit - complicated enough to keep my attention, but not too complicated that I needed the pattern in front of me.  I used this to learn cables without a cable needle, and I can't wait to use it for larger cables now!

After I knit my brothers Kami, Jitterbug asked if I could knit him one, and since I've knitted my brother two hats, as I've only ever knit Jitterbug one, how could I refuse?  I used Lion Brand Vannas Choice as part of my stash-busting, and modified the pattern for the larger gauge - cast-on 75, reduced the knits between the purls, and increased by 1 stitch before decreases, modifying the decreases by purling one instead of two.  It fits Jitterbug perfectly!

I am really happy with both these, and it now also means I can continue on with my selfish knitting unencumbered by guilt!

To se more Finished Objects, head over to Tamis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...