Wednesday 9 November 2011

WIP Wednesday

Another Wednesday, and another WIP!

My sister has a small dog, a Border Terrier, called Gordy.  Gordy is her child and will be her only child if she has anything to do with it.  She dresses him in jackets with hoods, cardigans, all the usual dog stuff I laugh at and we've joked in the past about me knitting him a sweater.

The joke was playing on my mind, and I started this last night, and I have to say I am loving knitting it so far!
Puppies on Parade Dog  Sweater
5.5mm, a mix of Lion Brand Wool-ease, Vannas Choice and some other random grey stuff I had.  Oh, and some hairy yarn.

I love the fact it's not serious.  I love the fact it's going to be for a dog!  I'm knitting it at a far bigger gauge than the pattern calls for, but I am 95% sure I've done the number right and the size I am knitting will fit him.

Other than the Bohus class I took, this is the first time I've knit more than one colour yarn in a row.  I am pretty sure my floats are too tight in some places, but I'm pretty pleased so far!  This was the result of 4 hours knitting (with a few breaks), so I should have it done pretty quickly!  I'm aiming for having it finished for when I go up to Scotland at the end of the month.

I also received this mitten kit through the post this week!  Kindly bought by my mother - she is the best!
However, before I can start on them, I promised my brother I'd knit him a cowl.  I've never knit anything for him, to feel it's only fair I give him something, especially as he is the coolest 17 year boy I've ever known.

So that's it from me this week, I have a few things to show on Friday so be sure to come back then!

WIP Wednesday is hosted over at Tamis blog, so if you have a few minutes step on over and have a look through the other blogs taking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...