Friday 11 November 2011

FO Friday

I love boots.  I always have.  I tend to only wear one kind of boots because I know they fit, I know they are comfortable.  I have many many pairs of Doc Martens, and have had even more in the past which were worn to within an inch of their life.  One pair that haven't been seeing much light recently are my purple lace-ups.  I bought these when I was 16 (when Doc Marten boots were still £60!), I wore them throughout the last 2 years of high school, and then onto college and into university.  After that, they kind of found there way to the back of my wardrobe, only to be brought out in winter, during the worst of weather.

I've been feeling guilty about that recently, so this winter I will be wearing them more, and hopefully this little FO will help!


 Twisted Ankles
8mm needles, 2 hanks Garnstudio Drops Alaska in white, held doubled.

I just realised I didn't get any photos of the wonderful cables in action, so you'll have to make do with this

 The yarn feels quite harsh (but not overly so) before being knit up, but it washes beautifully and these are incredibly cosy, perfect for cold mornings!
Turns out I didn't have 8 buttons the same.  I also didn't have 8 buttons of the same colour, so I went for random buttons.  the other leg has different buttons, in different places.  I did stick to the same colour groups though!

I love how they turned out!  I have enough yarn for a pair in a turquoise blue which I may do at some point.

My next FO was finished a while ago now, but I only just sewed in the ends and got buttons on it this week.
Sadly this photo was the best of a bad bunch, but you get the idea.

Britta Lalena Headwrap #2
4mm (I think.... I should start writing this stuff down), Manos Del Uruguay in Bering, approx 100 yards.

I love this yarn, and this was the leftovers from Toorie that were begging to be used. It doesn't hold much stretch but for this it is perfect, as it will hopefully mean it won't stretch badly from being worn!

That's it from me for today, next week will be a good one :D

More FO Friday posts can be found at Tamis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...