Friday 18 November 2011

FO Friday

Welcome to FO Friday!  This week is a bit of a picture spam, because I love both projects I have to show!

First up is Puppies on Parade.  I knit this for my sisters dog, it's a bit of a long running joke made real!
I am really happy with how it turned out, considering I was knitting at a larger gauge with larger yarn. 
The main colours were used with a mix of grey yarn of unknown origin, and some Lion Brand Vannas Choice for the coloured stripes.  The puppies in this parade were knit with some weird ugly hairy yarn that I was convinced would be useful one day!
I think the hair really adds something special to it, but it does means it's not too clear they are dogs, but that is a minor quibble and I wouldn't change it for a second.
I love the inside of fair isle, and I think I did a pretty good job of carrying the floats along.

I also learned an incredibly useful skill in this - steeks!  If you don't know what steeks are, it's basically cutting something that's been knit in the round to create holes or a flat object.  It is most often used for turning jumpers knit in the round into cardigans.  It's something I've always wanted to try but always been too afraid, but this was perfect as it was only to create the leg holes so they weren't huge.  My sewing up leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it's on the inside!

When I had finished that, I wanted something quick and fun for me.  Cue Whimsical Elf Couture Cowl.
When I introduced this on Wednesday, I wasn't sure I liked it.  I am glad to say I absolutely love it! 
 My decision to use Noro Kureyon, splicing ends together after using one colour for 4 rows total, really worked out well!
 Just look at the colour explosion!
 I can't decide if I like the right side or wrong side more.  I may have to put buttons on both sides!
 I think coloured stripes in reverse stockinette are really really quite engaging, and I could look at this all day.
The tassel part was genius!  

You will need to wait for action photos as it has not been washed or blocked yet, but I think this is going to be a firm favourite this winter!

I'm off now to read some more FO Fridays at Tamis blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...