Wednesday 19 October 2011

WIP Wednesday

Been a while since I did a WIP Wednesday.  I get bored posting the same thing week after week, but I have two whole brand new projects this week, and 1 old one!
Another head wrap, this time using some left over Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend.  I'm using this to train my hands to knit in a decent contintental style.  It's hard going, and I keep feeling my fingers doing things to automatically do something the old way.  Due to the yarn being thicker than required, I have cut the width a bit, and will probably not knit as many rows as required, but I will use my first one to compare.
Shapeshifter
I have wanted to knit this for a while now, and finally cast-on on Monday.  It's such a genius pattern, I can't wait for it to be finished.  This is also one of those rare occasions where I am using multi-coloured yarn for an object for me!  I love the colours in this yarn, Araucania Nature Wool Multy.
You see this??  Needles are in the collar!!!!!  I have a few inches of 2x2 ribbing ahead of  me before I am done!  I am really hoping I can get this finished by the end of the month, but the way things are going it's unlikely, and I'm now aiming for the first weekend in November.   It can't be any later than that really.  I hate knitting to a deadline, it makes me want to do anything but knit!  The colour is off in every single photo I take, but this is  the most accurate one I have.
I'll be back on Friday with an FO, but for now head over to Tamis blog to see some more wonderful WIP Wednesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...