Friday 14 October 2011

FO Friday

Again, I am lacking on the blog posts, but I am hoping to rectify that this weekend!

Today though, I have an FO to show you.  I started and finished this one evening this week as a way to use up some stash yarn.
I am not entirely convinced it suits me!  I knit a hat that would go with a purple coat I've had  for a few years now, but which never gets worn in really cold weather due to lack of matching accessories!
Project: Capucine
1.1 balls Sirdar Peru Naturals in Machu Picchu, 5.5mm needles.

As far as easy quick knits go, you can't get much easier or quicker than this!  It was also the first time I made tassels.  I wasn't sure to add them or not, but it weighs the hat down nicely.  The yarn has been in my stash for almost 4 years now, and I am so glad it finally got used - I have knit with this before but in a different colourway.  I didn't want a hat that sat on my forehead as it's quite scratchy, but it is very warm.
I am getting so much enjoyment out of doing these quick knits - the big projects were really dragging me down, but I'm feeling more motivated when I take a day or 2 each week to do something else, so I think this is the way to go from now on.

I am very excited about next weeks FO Friday, I almost finished something I think I will love forever!

Be sure to check out more FO Fridays over at Tamis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...