Friday 7 October 2011

FO Friday

Finally finished blocking the FO I mentioned last week!



Drops Karisma Superwash
4mm needles

This was another test knit for Leethal, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!  This was my second go; first time round the hat was huge, way too big to wear so I had to frog it and reknit.  I only noticed this of course after blocking and sewing in the ends *sigh*.  So it took me a day longer, but still only a 3 day knit in total!  The twisted stitches again are used to great effect, and I love the pattern on the brim.

Next FO is a swift!  Not technically done by me, but for me by my amazing husband.

I was going to show it in action, but as you can see it proves to be a magnet for little fingers so thought better of it.  I've not used it yet, but have been assured by a friend who was also the recipient of one of these (the better one!) that it works very well.  It all comes apart for storage which is ideal.  I'm going to be buying some paint next week so will show you it again when it's been painted.

Another FO, not totally craft related, is the birthday shopping.  Gremlin turns 2 at the end of this month, followed by Bubbas 4th birthday almost 2 weeks later.  I like to be organised so bought everything at the end of last month, and did the final bit of shopping this week at Bubbas preschool!  They were selling some of their old books, so I spent 20 minutes having a browse and decided on these.
 I am very much looking forward to reading these with the children.  They will be split up between birthday and Christmas, but all of them look really good.

Look at the animal foetus'!
Lovely drawing :)
This looks fun for a boy who is starting to like dinosaurs
An iconic image to most people in this country!

We all love Julia Donaldson books
There is something about the simplicity of Eric Carles graphic work that I love.
This one is so fun to read aloud
A recommendation from a friend :)
It feels very nice to have finished one part of the big spend season, this month I will finish their Christmas shopping (they will get one large joint present, and 2 much smaller presents each) and then next month will be the families Christmas shopping to do.  Can't believe it's so soon!

For more FOs, visit Tami.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...