Sunday 21 August 2011

A Year of Projects {Week7}

Here we are again, and I come bearing an FO!

I finally finished the KISS Triangle Shawlette!  I decided it would work better as a bandit style scarf tied at the back, and I also did the crocheted cast-off.
More accurate colour in this than below

Project: KISS Triangle Shawlette
Yarn: Araucania Ranco Solid in black
Needles: 3.75mm
I was smiling, honest!  But then a child appeared asking for the toilet. 
I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I adore the yarn I used, the colour is perfect!  The pattern was very simple and very easy to memorise, but maybe a bit too boring towards the end :laugh:  One thing I would change if I could is the needle I used, I'd go up a size or 2 and not had to block the crap out of it to get it to a half-decent size!

I have also decided to make a change to my list.  It is not something I wanted to do, but I think I will be happier with the end result.  I am removing Baktus from the list, and replacing it with Silk Kerchief.  Luckily, I downloaded the pattern for Silk Kerchief 2 years ago!

There are a number of reasons for this change, none larger than the other, it was a culmination of factors; unable to get the yarn I ideally would use for it (Kauni EQ), Baktus being one of those patterns which has been removed then added to my Ravelry queue more times than I remember, not being sure I love the pattern enough even if I did have the correct yarn.


So, the list is now as follows

Endpaper Mitts - Garnstudio Drops Alpaca in red and white
KISS Triangle Shawl - Malabrigo Yarn Sock in Rayon Vert
Ayakos Vest -Magliatopia Soffstar Melange
Lanesplitter - Noro Kureyon or Tivoli Ocean
Lizard Ridge - Noro Kureyon in multiple colourways
Have You Made A Jumper Yet? - Fingering weight, tbc
Ziggy - Noro Kureyon Sock
Silk Kerchief - Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball, Drops Alpaca
Mini Mochi Fair Isle Hat - Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi
Mini Mochi Fair Isle Mittens - Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi
Ishbel - Araucania Ranco Solid, Stone or Black
February Lady Sweater - Fiddlesticks Knitting Silken Merino

I will still be using Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball for it, but will be alternating that and Drops Alpaca (I think, this part may change to Fibre Harvest 4ply, I need to do a comparison of them but I think the Drops is more suitable).  I feel happier with my list now, I think that I was looking for an excuse to use Kauni rather than looking for the perfect yarn for a pattern I love.  I am still going to be on the look-out for Kauni though :D
So, I am now going to be cracking on with the February Lady Sweater and hopefully I can get it done by the end of the month (ever the optimist!).  I also have some non-YoP knitting to do so Sundays may be a bit on the light side for the next few weeks.  Next Sunday I don't think I'll be able to do a proper post but I will try and update quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...