Sunday 14 August 2011

A Year of Projects {Week 6}


I am almost finished my shawlette!

Not much to look at here, but it has grown since I took this photo :D  These photos really capture the lovely colour of this yarn - Araucania Ranco Solid - well.  I quite like how the black is not 'pooling' too.  I hate pooling.  Hopefully I'll have an FO for next week!

February Lady Sweater is still no further on, but when the shawl is done this will be my main project so should go quite quickly.

And in addition to these, I also started another block for Lizard Ridge!

And did you notice my new concerted effort to provide good photographs.  I recently became reacquainted with my DSLR and forgot just how much difference a good camera with good lighting can make.  My point-and-shoot is great, but not great for close-ups or details or capturing colours well, so from now on I am going to take time to set-up and wait for the right light for photos, instead of my current point, shoot, job done approach.

I'm also going to be posting some extreme close-up shots when I can find my faux-macro filters.

An altogether more positive post this week, I think you'll agree?

More Year of Projects can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...