Thursday 15 May 2008

Dream in Color Shrug

Cast on for this tonight:




Really loving the yarn, though I'm not sure on the colour, the red isn't as rich or deep as I would like, but I'll see how it looks all knit up.

This is the yarn I chose:



Dream in Color Classy in Lipstick Lava. I bought 2 skeins from Socktopus, all wrapped up like a little present. Even got a cute little sheep tape measure! This was my second order from them, and I have to say it's very hard to stay away!! But I must behave, until I get at least some projects finished.

That's my main problem I think. I cast-on, then never finish. I currently have 7 different projects on the go, including 2 pairs of socks (I have one sock of each), 2 blankets, a headband, a scarf and this shrug. I aim to finish at least one of these before casting on for the next one. I've pretty mch written off finishing the socks, so I may do some more work on the scarf.

Branching Out



Cast on for this a couple of weeks ago in Jaeger Alpaca (now discontinued) in lavender. I bought this last summer, while pregnant, in a local charity shop for the bargain price of £2 for 7 balls!! I had this weird notion that I would knit it into baby stuff!!! However, I came to my senses, and decided to keep it. When I saw the pattern for Branching Out, I fell in love with it. I plucked up the courage to start my first lace project, but stupidly thought apaca yarn was a good plan.

Anyhow, I've got 7 or so repeats done so far, and the pattern is OK when you get into it. The first 1 or 2 repeats are a mess, but I was too stubborn to frog it. Hopefully the person it is intended for will like it!

In non-knitting news, we go up to Scotland next week to see my family :D I can't wait. Absence makes the heart grow fonder is a very apt saying. Though in my case, the initial pleasure at seeing everyone will evaporate very quickly. I hope we can get out and go do stuff not involving my family. Ideally the weather would be good at least 1 day!

While we're there, I'm going to try and make a taggie blanket for Bubba, and maybe a comforter toy thingy. I'm getting J to take me to hobbycraft this weekend to get material and ribbon for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love that shrug :o)

    You've been tagged!

    Go to my blog to find out what that means :o)

    Cath (Knittermum)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...