Wednesday 25 January 2012

WIP Wednesday {} Yarn Along

My family has done well so far this winter, but I am sad to say that my husband and both my children have all been struck down with at least 2 very different viruses right now (and Jitterbug is not very good at being ill, and I'm not very good at pretending to be the patient loving wife.... my stress levels are high!).  This means you will have to deal with some not great photos taken last night.  
 I cast-on this Cable Slouch Hat a couple of nights ago, but as you can see I've not gotten very far.  I'm in a bit of a funk right now - what I want to knit I can't until needles arrive, and everything else is just 'meh'.  This was the only pattern that really jumped out at me, and luckily I had some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky just waiting to be used.  
One of my new year resolutions was to make time for other needle-crafts, so while watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last week I started this.  The stitches are not great, due to me having to undo my first try (too close to the edge - must read instructions fully next time!) so the second go was a tad rushed.  I don't have a picture of what it is, I think my sofa ate it, so you'll just have to wait and see what it is!
I recently watched a TV show called "Piers Morgan meets..." or something like that.  The basic premise of the show is Piers Morgan interviews some really famous people and gets them to talk about their life.  Richard Branson was on this particular episode (it was a repeat), and I really enjoyed what he had to say. 

I bought this from our local book shop (every book is second hand, and every single penny goes to a charity who spend it helping local groups and events (pre-schools, village fayres, community projects etc, etc)).  They sell a variety of books, adult and childrens.  I am in there once, usually twice a week looking at books with Bubba and Gremlin (who are avid book-lovers), and occasionally I get to look at some books myself.  I had been after his autobiography for a long time, so when I saw it for the bargain price of 50p I snapped it up!

So far, I love it.  It helps that I happen to like Richard Branson anyway, but to read about his life and just how lucky he actually was, and also how silly he was in some situations, makes him even more likeable in my opinion.  

I can't wait to have a read at what everyone else is up to today, so I will be joining Tami and Ginny in WIP Wednesday and Yarn Along, respectively.

14 comments:

  1. Love the colours of your sewing. Cannot wait to see what the pattern is? I would love to start a needlcraft project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope everyone in your home is well soon!
    I know the feeling of waiting for needles to arrive to begin a project, it seems like it takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moments after posting this the needles arrived - I am now torn between finishing what I started and starting something else straight away lol

      Delete
  3. I hope everyone is better soon. I understand the ill man/rubbish nurse thing. I just wish my dh would go to bed and be ill quietly when he is poorly ;)
    I love your stitch marker on the knitting. Hope you get out of your funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. It's the after-cough moan that makes me want to punch him right now ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great bookstore! Your red yarn for your cabled slouchy hat looks just gorgeous. Hope everyone feels better soon. No fun being surrounded by grumpy sickies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing everyone better quickly (and for your patience to hold out!)

    I really like the photo of the hat, and your stitch marker is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everyone feels better quickly and that you don't catch it:) Good luck with playing nurse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've weathered it for a month so far, I'm not sure how much longer I'll miss out ;)

      Delete
  7. That hat is gorgeous color. I'm impressed that you were abel to craft during that particular movie! It was quite intense, wasn't it? I hope your family members feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very intense, it may also go some way to explaining why I never read the instructions fully lol!

      Delete
  8. Thank you, and I hope so too! The longer it sticks around, the greater the chances of me catching something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really cute hat pattern. It will look gorgeous in the red yarn. Counted cross stitch is a fun change of pace from knitting. I hope that your family gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everyone feels better soon. It is so hard on the caregiver. Love, love, love cashmerino chunky. I made many hats from it for my friends and they all love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...