Sunday 31 July 2011

A Year of Projects {Week 4}


Four Sundays and and I still have no FO to show for it!

I'm in a funk, and I don't care who knows it.  I need results, and quick, so I'm going to cast-on a baby thing next week and do that until it's done, then that's one thing down.

I've been working on February Lady Sweater most this week.  It's slow progress, mainly due to my head being elsewhere.  It's starting to look like a cardigan now, and the lace section is really coming on nicely, much faster than I thought it would.


Project: February Lady Sweater
Notions: 4.5mm needles, Fiddlesticks Knitting Silken Merino

The lace pattern is really easy to memorise, and I've so far only made 1 mistake, right back at the start of the lace that even I can barely make out!  Really looking forward to finishing this, it feels so soft and squidgy, it'll be perfect for winter.  Not sure I'll do long sleeves, might just do short sleeves, but I'll decide nearer the time.

The next project I started on the way to Holland, and worked on it for a few hours, then never picked it back up. Not because it was hard or ugly or even boring, but I was too tired while there to do anything that required thought, and have been too busy working on the FLS since we got back.


Project: Kiss Triangle Shawlette
Notions: 5mm needles, Araucania Ranco Solid

The yarn is knitting up beautifully, and the variegations are subtle enough for me to not mind them.  I'm generally not a fan of variegated yarn, but Araucania seem to produce very light subtle changes (at least in the colour ways I have of Ranco and Nature Wool).

Hopefully there'll be some more progress on one or both of these next week, it all depends on whether I actually cast-on a baby project next week or not!  I can hear the call of baby sewing and knitting patterns beckoning me, and Tin Cup is on the TV (there are few finer men than Kevin Costner!), so I will leave this here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...