Monday 25 July 2011

Stash Enhancement!

I'll cover our trip in another post, but want to flash my many new goodies first!

I already posted a bit about Knit Nation, but I took better photographs of my purchases today, so will include them here again.
Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball
Socktopus Sokkusu
Love the colours of this!
Noro Kureyon Sock
Wollmeise Twin
Wollmeise Twin
Crystal Palace Mini-Mochi
Toft Alpaca British Alpaca Yarn
Fibre Harvest 4ply
Fibre Harvest Lace
Alpaca & Bluefaced Leicester
Alpaca Merino & Silk
The Kureyon Sock, Mini-Mochi, and Zauberball are for my Year of Projects, the Toft Alpaca has been earmarked for a crocheted scarf pattern that came with it.  The Wollmeise and Sokkusu were my guilty purchases.  I have always been very curious about Wollmeise, and almost choked at the price tag (which was a 50% increase on last years prices apparently!), but now I can say I've owned some, and will eventually try it.  I can see why people rave about the colours, but Easy Knits also had very vibrant colourways available at Knit Nation.  I obviously don't know what it's like to knit with, but it doesn't feel like it holds much stretch and seems quite tightly plied.  I don't think I'd buy more, purely because of the price tag.  Sokkusu was my one really guilty purchase, having said previously I'd be buying no more single skeins (Wollmeise doesn't count since it holds more yardage), but these colourways really are unique so it's not really something you can buy 2 of.  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball
Borgs Bavgarner Mora Lace 
Cascade 220
Malabrigo Lace
Ruler & stitch markers!
Cascade 220
GGH Baby Alpaka
GGH Baby Alpaka
Ribbon - 10m in each thingy, and dressmakers rulers
vintage fabric, 1.75*0.80m each
Black/grey thick jersey, and thinner blue & white striped jersey
Cottons
Light grey linen, grey cord  and black cord
Amsterdam was more of a trove than I initially thought.  The markets were fantastic for cheap fabrics, between 2 and 3 euros a metre!  The ribbon was 1.80 euro each, which is jaw-droppingly cheap!  Some of them I already have ideas for, and went shopping with those projects in mind.

The yarn stores I visited were good.  First one was de Afstap, which sold mainly Rowan yarn, which I could get cheaper here, but there was also some others, hence the Schoppel-Wolle and Mora Lace!  I'd never heard of Mora before, but it's feel lovely and came in some gorgeous colours!

Penelope Craft was the highlight, as even though they sold yarns that I can get here, they sold yarns that I actually want to buy!  The prices were marginally cheaper for everything, and the GGH is just divine, both in feel and colour.  It has already been set-aside for some special projects, as has the Malabrigo Lace.  The shop has such a nice feel to it, and the owner was lovely.  I will for sure be returning next year with more money, and hopefully the pound will be stronger then.

I still need to order the rest of the yarn for my YoP, but I may hold off a couple of months as I can't make my mind up on colour.  Stash also has another sale on which has proven very dangerous, I am looking forward to visiting Yarn Cake next month while in Glasgow, and picking up some more Shilasdair.

I have promised Jitterbug after this, that is it for a long long while (but in the same breath mentioned the Knitting & Stitching show in London in October, which doesn't count)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...