Wednesday 1 June 2011

WIP Wednesday


I don't have much to show this week, only the Festival Shawl which I started last weekend.

Words cannot describe how frustrating this pattern is to crochet. Parts of it are way off, so I've found myself having to guess a lot of it. I can't say I'd recommend this pattern for a beginner, adventurous beginner is probably better! As a beginner (the adventurous kind!) I am happy to guess parts, but the start of the pattern has some wrong numbers which would put a pure beginner off I think.

Festival Shawl against a table full of fleece!
Close-up of the gorgeous colours!

I get 2 or 3 rows done a night, probably less when the rows start getting really long, but for the most part it is a very nice pattern, and I love the Araucania Ranco Multy I'm using. I'm not a huge fan of multicoloured yarns, but this shawl looks spectacular in it.

Other than that, I've just been washing fleece! I got a loan of some carding brushes last week from Lee so carded some up and spun it. It spins up really nicely, and is really nice to spin with. I'm not looking forward to the 10 years of spinning ahead of me (assuming I don't get a wheel...), but it'll be worth it! I don't have any photos because I'm a bit crap like that, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

More WIP Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...