Friday 27 May 2011

Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here


One of the classics, no? Wasn't my first choice, I really wanted to listen to Janis Joplin, but couldn't find any of her CDs anywhere - I think Jitterbug has filed them away somewhere safe forgetting that maybe I'd quite like to know where. Anyway, I was in a bad mood yesterday. Very tired and very short on patience, and needed something to put me on a downer.

I know that puts this album in a bad light, but it is a really terrific album. My favourite of the 5 songs would be Shine On You Crazy Diamond. It wasn't written about Syd Barrett, but I like to think they were singing it to him.

Not an album to cheer yourself up, but seems to calm me down by putting me in a contemplative mood.

For the record, it didn't work. Oliver was in bed by 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...