Friday 21 September 2012

FO Friday

 Peerie Flooers Hat 
I knit the mittens a few months ago now, and the yarn was sitting, waiting patiently to be turned into a hat. I am happy with it - tension a bit off in some places, but it felt good to get it done with!

 Joris
I bought this as a kit while I was in Amsterdam - I fell in love with the display model they had and had to have it.  It is the first, and probably last toy I will ever knit.  It resides on a shelf far away from grubby little fingers and will eventually be moved onto a craft table (whenever I get one...).  I love the back of his head, so colourful!
 I have also been doing some sewing!  I've not used my machine for months, but when the urge to sew hit, I went a bit crazy.  I have so far sewed 5 box bags, and 4 zip pouches.  I am wanting to do more, but need to get more interfacing first!
 I am very pleased with them, and I can now sew in a straight line!  I made up the pattern for the zip pouch, though I did read a few different ones first but none of them were easy or quick, whereas it takes me 15 minutes to do one, from ironing fabric to closing the zip.
I cannot remember the pattern I used for the box bag, but I stuck pretty rigidly to it and went from taking 2.5 hours to sew one, to just under an hour!

That's it for today, to read more FO Fridays go to Tamis Amis.

6 comments:

  1. Love your hat! I made the mittens too, at the beginning of the year and the colours and the pattern are so pretty. I can't see anything wrong with your tension in the photos everything looks perfect!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is absolutely gorgeous and Joris is ever so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that hat is beautiful! Great color work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That hat is just beautiful! And Joris is seriously cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...