Tuesday 1 May 2012

Stripe Study Shawl Knitalong - Week 1

First off, I must apologise for the blog silence!  I won't give excuses, but I hope I can post more often than I have been recently (I should also really update on my yarn diet fail!).

I started this knitalong 2 days ago, and I am loving my yarn choices!  For the Stripe Study Shawl, I chose to use Kauni EQ and undyed for the main colour.
I am not usually a fan of such glaring use of colour, and I actually chose the project before I bought the yarn having fallen in love with similar projects on ravelry!  Since then, it has been sitting in my yarn box waiting for the perfect moment to start, and what better moment than now?
As you can see, I'm on the 5th CC row.  The colour changes are so indistinct that they really do sneak up on you!  I cannot wait to see how this turns out!  It's already looking quite big, and I probably could have gone down a needle size as it's looking quite lacy, but from what I've read Kauni really fulls out when it's been washed.

Misadventures in Craft has a Mr Linky, so if you want to see some more Stripe Study Shawls being made head over to her blog.

4 comments:

  1. Yuuuuuuummmmmmm! And yes, you do need to 'fess up on the yarn diet - I know, I've seen the BAGS FULL of evidence!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yarn you've chosen - the long colour repeats are gorgeous and work so well with the pattern :) I can't wait to see how it progresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...